Measures and Facts For Post Scar Removal Treatment
We all want healthy, beautiful skin. But scars, a natural part of the healing process, leave a lasting mark and cause some people to struggle with the negative impact on the appearance of their skin and in some cases, limitations in function or other concerns. Even when such scars are treated by the best experts available, there are a few important things to know about the procedure and some measures to be kept in mind after the treatment:
1. A Medical Consultation Is Crucial Before Any Laser Treatment
If someone promises to treat your scar before providing a medical consultation, walk away.
Give your dermatologist a list of the medications and supplements you take. To heal well and prevent the laser from scarring your skin, you may need to stop taking something for a while.
It’s essential for the person performing your laser treatment to know about you. Everyone is unique. To treat a scar effectively, the person performing your laser treatment must consider your skin type, characteristics of your scar, and your overall health.
During the medical consultation, tell your dermatologist if you:
- Get cold sores
- Have any medical condition, including diabetes
- Take any medications or supplements
2. Importance Of Sun Protection Before And After The Treatment
If you show up for laser treatment with a tan or sunburn, your dermatologist cannot treat you. Using a laser could cause a serious burn or discolor your skin.
After having laser treatment, you’ll need to protect your skin from the sun until your skin heals. If the sun’s harmful rays hit your treated skin, you can develop another scar.
3. A Few Changes In The Lifestyle
To heal well and get the best results from laser treatment, dermatologists recommend that patients:
- Quit smoking for at least 2 weeks before laser treatment.
- Stop taking vitamin E, aspirin, and other medications and supplements that can delay healing.
- Stop using skin care products that contain a retinoid or glycolic acid for 1 to 2 weeks.
- Take medication to prevent getting cold sores if you’re prone to developing cold sores.
- Avoid the sun, tanning bed, or sunlamp. You cannot be treated if you have a tan or sunburn.
4. Your Treatment Plan May Include Other Methods As Well
To give patients the best results, experts may use more than one treatment for scars. For example, if a patient has deep acne scars, a dermatologist may treat the scars with a laser. The patient may also get a filler.
5. Multiple Sessions Are The Key To Best Results
To give a patient long-lasting results and the most improvement, the dermatologist may schedule a series of laser treatments. This is often necessary when using a type of laser called a non-ablative laser. You won’t have downtime with this laser, but to see the desired results, you may need a few laser treatments.
In most cases, damage that reaches the dermal layer of the skin will leave a scar, but the dermatologist can help you minimize the appearance of the resulting scar tissue. While your specific skincare plan will differ depending on the cause of scarring, you may want to take the following steps to limit your risk for scarring:
- Always keep wounds clean by washing and disinfecting regularly. However, avoid rubbing or pulling at healing skin, which can reopen the wound, cause additional inflammation and irritation, and increase the risk for scarring.
- Use petrolatum products (petroleum jelly) to protect the skin and promote healing. Petrolatum also keeps injured skin moisturized, preventing scabbing that can slow healing and increase the risk for noticeable scarring.
- Keep the wound covered. Use gauze, hydrogel pads, or silicone dressings to protect the skin, keep the injury moisturized, and promote healing. You should change your bandages and clean your wound regularly.
- Use compression garments as directed by your dermatologist, surgeon, or other medical professionals to promote good circulation, minimize inflammation, and speed healing time.
- If you have acne-prone skin, avoid popping pimples or picking at your skin as this increases your risk for infection and scarring.
- If you have sensitive skin, frequently have allergic reactions, or you’re struggling with systemic conditions that impact the skin (chickenpox), don’t scratch. Instead, use cold compresses, colloidal oatmeal baths, anti-itch creams, and other interventions to address itching.
Treating a scar can reduce the appearance of indentations in your skin and eliminate feelings of insecurity. It is important to understand that there are no quick fixes to treat a scar and every procedure comes with its own set of pros and cons. If you’re unhappy with the appearance, texture, or health of your skin after an injury, surgery, or other damage that leads to scarring, the team at Advanced Wellness can offer treatment to improve the appearance of scarring.
You should go for PRP treatment for hair loss in Gurgaon.
There is a famous PRP hair treatment clinic in Gurgaon. That clinic’s name is Advanced wellness. They give the best PRP hair treatment in Gurgaon. You can talk to people around there, they will surely recommend you this clinic for PRP treatment in Gurgaon. Must visit this clinic.
People Also Read: