While there are several options for hair removal including waxing, shaving, and epilators, many individuals prefer the results that Permanent Laser Hair for men in Gurgaon or women removal brings. Not only does it help get rid of the excess hair from the skin, but it also leaves a very smooth finish to the skin that many prefer.
The permanent laser hair removal treatment is one of the most common forms of cosmetic treatment that happens in the United States. In case you are planning to undergo the treatment, the following are all the details that you need to know.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eyes
- What is Laser Hair Removal?
- Who Should Consider Permanent Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
- How Does it Work?
- What to Expect While Considering Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
- Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
- Possible Side Effects of Permanent Laser Hair Removal
- Cost of Laser Hair Removal
1. What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser Hair Removal is a cosmetic procedure that enables a permanent hair removal that damages the hair follicles using a high-intensity beam of light. The procedure either damages or completely destroys the hair follicles in the treated area.
In case the hair follicle is permanently damaged, there is no further hair regrowth. But, if the hair follicle is temporarily damaged during the permanent laser hair removal, there might be regrowth of the hair in the site.
High beams of light are focused on the treatment site, which is then absorbed by the pigment in the follicles that propagate the damage of the hair follicles.
2. Who Should Consider Permanent Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
Below are the few factors that deduce who is eligible for undergoing the treatment.
- If you are tired of other hair removal procedures, including waxing and shaving
- If you have pale skin and darker hair
In case you have fine and light-coloured hair, avoid undergoing permanent laser hair removal because it will most likely not work for you. Additionally, it shouldn’t be done around the sensitive areas of the skin, especially around the eyebrows.
Pregnant women are also strictly prohibited from undergoing the treatment as it can hinder their pregnancy progress. Even breastfeeding mothers are suggested to avoid undergoing this treatment.
3. How Does it Work?
Laser hair removal is a completely non-invasive cosmetic procedure. It uses high-energy light beams to target the melanin pigment in the individual hair follicle directly. The projected light beam travels down the shaft of the hair and targets the pigment to destroy it completely.
The heat from the hair follicle either damages or completely destroys the hair follicle. In the latter case, there is no notable hair regrowth.
As for the permanent laser hair removal treatment results, it takes some time after the procedure to show results. Generally, the hair follicles are damaged, and the hair is shed after a week or so.
For better permanency of the treatment, the patient does need to undergo repeated sessions for 2-3 months.
4. What to Expect While Considering Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
If you are planning on undergoing permanent facial laser hair removal in Gurgaon, there are a few important things that you need to keep a check on.
Before undergoing the treatment, the patient needs to verify the certifications and the experience of the performing doctor. Here are a few factors that you can expect before, during, and after the permanent laser hair removal treatment.
Before the treatment
- Avoid plucking and waxing your hair around 1-2 months before undergoing the treatment
- Avoid direct sun-exposure around 2 months before the treatment
During the treatment
- The hair at the site of the treatment is generally trimmed down to a few millimetres above the skin
- The doctor applies a numbing ointment at the site of the treatment around 30 minutes before the treatment
- Patients are given a pair of goggles to wear during the treatment to shield their eyes from the impacts of the laser beams
After the treatment
- The patient can get back to their routine life the same day as the treatment
- The hair removal is generally evident within a week after the treatment is done
5. Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
The impacts of laser hair removal, for the most part, are permanent. Not only does it help get rid of the unwanted hair from the limbs and hands, but it also works around the chin, back, underarm, and bikini line.
So, if you are set on undergoing this treatment, here are a few benefits why you wouldn’t regret it:
Precise action – Since laser beams are very targeted, it helps damage the hair follicles locally at the site of the treatment. It targets the pigments in the hair follicles directly without causing any harm to the surrounding skin.
Fast process – A single laser beam pulse targets a large section of hair follicles within a fraction of a second. So, it goes without saying that the procedure takes extremely less time for promising results.
Higher success rate – The best reason permanent laser hair removal is a preferred procedure is the higher success rate in a few recurring sessions.
Reduces ingrown hair – If you struggle with ingrown hair and sensitive skin, the permanent laser hair removal treatment shows promising results for those patients.
Cost-effective – Since laser hair removal is a permanent treatment, it saves you the excess cost you would have made on razors, waxing, etc.
6. Possible Side Effects of Permanent Laser Hair Removal
The side effects of permanent laser hair removal treatment are temporary and can be prevented when done by an experienced cosmetic surgeon.
Some of the common side effects and complications include:
- Stinging or burning sensation during the treatment
- Sudden changes in skin complexion at the site of the treatment
- Redness and mild inflammation
- Blistering on the site of the treatment
At Advanced Wellness, you have suggested the best treatment options according to your skin type and concern. The team of highly experienced and board-certified cosmetic surgeons ensures the best results for the patients with the least or no complications.
7. Cost of Laser Hair Removal
The cost of permanent laser hair removal procedures generally varies on the body part the treatment is done on. It starts from INR 6000 for underarms, INR 15,000 for the upper body parts, INR 8,000 for the bikini line, and INR 8,000 for the limbs. All of these costs are for a single session.
Some of the common factors that influence the cost of the treatment include:
- Body part where the treatment will be done
- Consultation charges of the doctor and the clinic
- Number of sessions the patient undergoes
Permanent laser hair removal is a highly effective procedure that helps you get rid of the unwanted growth of hair over time. While most patients experience no further regrowth of the hair, some witness hair regrowth over time. Since the procedure directly targets the hair follicles, the hair regrowth (if any) is always spaced out for longer durations.
2^ What to Expect While Considering Laser Hair Removal Treatment? WebMD | December 31, 2020