PRP therapy which is also referred to as platelet-rich plasma therapy is a specialized treatment procedure for dealing with hair loss and associated problems. It is a three-step treatment procedure for hair loss. In this therapy, blood is usually drawn from the affected individuals, processed in a centrifuge, and injected into the scalp. The PRP injections help in triggering the natural growth of hair and maintain the same by enhancing the supply of blood to the hair follicles. This, in turn, plays a significant role in increasing the thickness of the hair shaft. There are many who still question ‘is PRP effective for hair loss?’
Different pieces of research have brought to light that PRP is quite effective in dealing with hair loss. Many times, the doctors use PRP therapy along with a combination of other hair loss procedures as well as medications to enhance the results significantly. The therapy has become quite a popular choice in recent times and the popularity of this method is clear from its increasing demand. It is always recommended to get in touch with an expert to know whether the process is suitable for the affected individual. If you wish to know if ‘is PRP effective‘ or not, the most suitable answer would be to consult an expert. Let us read more to find out how the entire process works and steps to be taken to increase its effect.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- How does PRP for hair work?
- How many sessions do I need to take to get the desired result?
- Tips to make PRP more effective
1) How Does PRP for Hair Work?
PRP therapy is a procedure that is conducted in three steps as mentioned below.
- In the first step, the doctor draws blood from the affected individual, usually from the arms, and the same is put into a centrifuge machine. It is to separate fluids of varying densities.
- In the second step, the blood after remaining in the centrifuge machine gets separated into three different layers: platelet-rich plasma, platelet-poor plasma, and red blood cells.
- The third step involves drawing the platelet-rich blood into a syringe and then injected into the specific areas of the scalp where hair loss is visible or reduced hair growth is seen.
Science Behind – The treatment is still developing and research is ongoing to bring about an improvement in the efficacy of the PRP therapy. There are many who still think ‘is PRP effective for hair loss and to answer their question, we have explained the science behind the therapy to show how it works for hair loss. The injections of PRP have been proved to bring about an improvement in the cutaneous ischemic conditions.
At the same time, the injections help to increase vascular structures around hair follicles. In several treatment modalities at present for pattern hair loss, it has been shown to modulate angiogenesis and increase the flow of blood. Platelet-rich plasma is naturally present in human blood which contains about 17 different growth factors that play a significant role in the stimulation of growth of newer, and healthier cells for replacing the old, damaged ones. When platelet-rich plasma is used for treating hair loss, PRP therapy helps in the stimulation of inactive hair cells and reenergizing them in such a manner that it triggers the growth of new hair. It clearly helps individuals in clarifying the thought ‘is PRP effective’ or not.
2) How Many Sessions Do I Need to Take to Get the Desired Result?
PRP therapy on average requires a total of about three sittings set apart by a time span of four to six weeks. In addition to this, maintenance treatments are needed about every four to six months for better and consistent results over time. This clearly answers the question ‘is PRP effective?’ If you are still hesitating to opt for PRP therapy for hair loss, you should certainly go for it but under the supervision of an expert in this field.
It is to be always kept in mind that the exact number of sessions cannot be stated beforehand. It is because of the fact that different individuals have different hair loss patterns and severity of hair loss. Thus, it depends on the condition of the individuals along with several other factors as analyzed by the healthcare expert to ultimately determine the number of sessions required to get the intended results.
3) Tips to Make PRP More Effective
You are looking for clarification on ‘is PRP effective for hair loss or not? Experts suggest that the treatment is quite effective in nature and to further enhance the effect, it is essential to follow the tips mentioned below.
- Go for high-density cardio exercise that plays a significant role in ramping up the production of red blood cells and strengthening the immune system, thereby ensuring a better outcome for PRP therapy.
- Make sure that the diet is full of green leafy vegetables which are not only valuable for long-term good health but also enhance immunity and promote better blood circulation for the betterment of PRP therapy
- Cut down the intake of processed food, sugary foods, and fatty foods. At the same time, take smaller portions of food throughout the day all of which adds to the better effects of PRP therapy.
- Do not smoke or take drugs since they readily affect the outcome of the PRP procedure. Smoking reduces the volume of PRP that you get from the same amount of blood otherwise. Moreover, the toxins present in cigarette smoke impede the ability of stem cells to function optimally.
- Staying hydrated and increasing the intake of B vitamins before opting for the procedure increases the count of red blood cells as well as hemoglobin which is quite beneficial for enhancing the outcome of the PRP therapy.
- Strictly avoid taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs up to five days after the PRP procedure since these drugs might hinder the natural inflammatory response of the stem cells.
- Ultimately, you need to strictly follow the post-procedure routine as suggested by the healthcare expert for getting the best possible results. It is best to avoid the use of serum or oils for a minimum of two days after treatment. Drink about three to four liters of water daily and rest for six to eight hours after the treatment.
Following all the tips mentioned above would ensure that the PRP therapy produces the desired results and clarifying the statement ‘is PRP effective’ or not.
At Advanced Wellness, every individual can be assured of getting the right hair loss treatment depending on their hair type and other existing conditions. Moreover, the trained and experienced doctors here make sure to offer the right suggestions to the affected individuals and make them aware of their condition. After a detailed analysis, the doctors opt for the most appropriate treatment option to fetch the best possible results. If you are still questioning ‘is PRP effective for hair loss, the answer is certainly yes and for a better understanding about the same, all you need to do is to book an appointment at Advance Wellness.
This Post Has 2 Comments
An impressive share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing a bit of analysis on this. And he actually purchased me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading extra on this topic. If potential, as you turn out to be expertise, would you mind updating your weblog with extra particulars? It is extremely useful for me. Big thumb up for this weblog submit!
Thanks for your blog, nice to read. Do not stop.